Woman awarded $300,000 after Kmart chair breaks
Businesses have been warned to stay vigilant about workplace health and safety regulations, with news of a woman being awarded $300,000 in damages from Kmart after a chair broke in store.
Fairfax reports 63-year-old nursing assistant Julie Ann Lewis was using one of Kmart’s gardening chairs when it broke, injuring her lower back and right buttock.
Lewis was using the chair to sit on while processing photos from Kmart’s photo lab, as the rest of the steel chairs provided in the area were being used.
- ATO Small Business Newsroom
- New Country of Origin Food Labelling Laws
- Free Business Webinars
- Scams cost businesses $3.8 million in 2016
- #NTAustralia Mega Meet to show off Territory tourism to the world
- What's new at IP Australia
- Have your say about how government businesses compete with you
- ACCC is now targeting unfair contract terms
- Terrific Tips from Jurek Leon
- Times are tough - but is it you or the economy that's the problem?