Why business is important to communities
“I’ve become more aware of just how negative our society is about SMEs and how little we understand about why business is important to communities and the role it plays in our well-being overall.”
My personal journey to talk up business and publish a book first began in 2010 when I accompanied a group of young farmers on a road tour to some amazing places to meet some amazing people. When I introduced them to Tom Smith, a pork grower from Yarrawalla in north-west Victoria, I asked Tom what I thought was a straight forward question on why business is important to communities and got an unexpected response.
- ATO Small Business Newsroom
- New Country of Origin Food Labelling Laws
- Free Business Webinars
- Scams cost businesses $3.8 million in 2016
- #NTAustralia Mega Meet to show off Territory tourism to the world
- What's new at IP Australia
- Have your say about how government businesses compete with you
- ACCC is now targeting unfair contract terms
- Terrific Tips from Jurek Leon
- Times are tough - but is it you or the economy that's the problem?