Small Business Safety Program
The Small Business Safety Program is a new initiative designed to assist small businesses to understand and comply with their work health and safety obligations. The aim of the program is to improve the capacity and capability of small businesses to manage their own health and safety systems.
Safety advisors are available throughout the Northern Territory and provide FREE tailored services to small businesses.
Safety advisors help small businesses by:
- discussing health and safety issues in the workplace
- providing advice on the development and implementation of safety management systems
- helping to devise strategies and solutions to manage risks and hazards in the workplace
- providing resources and guidance material on work health and safety issues
Safety advisors can engage with businesses through:
- Group coaching sessions
- Toolbox talks
- Team meetings
- Information sessions
- Face-to-face consultations
- Presentations to boards or management groups
Important points to note:
- Safety advisors are not Workplace Inspectors and have no enforcement powers under work health and safety legislation.
- The Small Business Safety Program is not a total work, health and safety solution and safety advisors will not endorse safety management systems.
- All services provided through the Small Business Safety Program are free and confidential.
- ASIC Monthly Fee Calculation
- Terrific Tips from Jurek Leon
- ATO Small Business Newsroom
- New Country of Origin Food Labelling Laws
- Free Business Webinars
- Scams cost businesses $3.8 million in 2016
- #NTAustralia Mega Meet to show off Territory tourism to the world
- What's new at IP Australia
- Have your say about how government businesses compete with you
- ACCC is now targeting unfair contract terms