NT Tradie voucher scheme
In the last couple of weeks there has been much fanfare about the reintroduction of the Tradie Voucher Scheme which has proved popular with tradies and their customers. Many believe that the vouchers make a critical contribution towards helping people stay in business until the Territory economy turns around. The government has listened and while initially reticent, has doubled the value of the scheme from $2,000 to $4,000 per voucher.
At first sight this looks like a win-win situation: A win for tradies who can attract more work than they otherwise might have done and a win for householders who can pay for home improvements they might otherwise have been unable to afford. But is this really the case?
- ATO Small Business Newsroom
- New Country of Origin Food Labelling Laws
- Free Business Webinars
- Scams cost businesses $3.8 million in 2016
- #NTAustralia Mega Meet to show off Territory tourism to the world
- What's new at IP Australia
- Have your say about how government businesses compete with you
- ACCC is now targeting unfair contract terms
- Terrific Tips from Jurek Leon
- Times are tough - but is it you or the economy that's the problem?