How fair are your small business contracts?
Have you entered into or renewed a standard form contract since 12 November 2016?
It’s been four weeks since the new small business unfair contract terms law came into effect.
The law applies to standard form contracts that small businesses enter into or renew on or after 12 November 2016.
If you are given a standard form contract you should review it carefully. If you find that it contains a potentially unfair term, you can ask the other party to remove or amend it. The ACCC website has information to help you determine whether a contract term is unfair.
You can contact the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman or the Small Business Commissioner in your state for help if you cannot resolve the issue with the other party.
For more information about unfair contract terms check out the ACCC website.
- ASIC Monthly Fee Calculation
- Terrific Tips from Jurek Leon
- ATO Small Business Newsroom
- New Country of Origin Food Labelling Laws
- Free Business Webinars
- Scams cost businesses $3.8 million in 2016
- #NTAustralia Mega Meet to show off Territory tourism to the world
- What's new at IP Australia
- Have your say about how government businesses compete with you
- ACCC is now targeting unfair contract terms