Fruit and vegie wholesaler hit with $76k bill for underpayments
Gold Coast business was slapped a $76,000 worth of repayment bill to two workers who were subject to underpayments after the employer claimed ignorance of his obligations despite 25 years in business.
PWFV Pty Ltd, which trades as Pacific Avenue Wholesale Fruit and Vegetables, paid a $20 per hour flat rate to the two casual workers who were employed to pick and pack fresh produce for customer orders in the company’s Burleigh Heads warehouse before delivering the orders in refrigerated vehicles.
- ASIC Monthly Fee Calculation
- Terrific Tips from Jurek Leon
- ATO Small Business Newsroom
- New Country of Origin Food Labelling Laws
- Free Business Webinars
- Scams cost businesses $3.8 million in 2016
- #NTAustralia Mega Meet to show off Territory tourism to the world
- What's new at IP Australia
- Have your say about how government businesses compete with you
- ACCC is now targeting unfair contract terms