Free Tax Workshops in Darwin
Are you thinking of starting a business or new to business?
It's tax time! REGISTER NOW for these FREE events run by ATO staff in partnership with the Business Enterprise Centre Darwin and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
Tax Essentials for Small Business
Wednesday 9 August 2017: 5:00pm - 7:00pm [Map]
Come along and learn about:
- business structures – which is best for you
- registering your business record keeping - understanding how to keep track of your business
- reporting online to save time
- business life cycles - why they’re important
- help and more information - where to go when you need it
- networking with other new business owners in your area
We will show you how to use our online tools and resources to make things easier.
Employer Essentials for Small Business
Thursday 10 August 2017: 9.30am - 11.00am [Map]
You will learn about your tax obligations as an employer and what you need to do to prepare for tax time including:
- Pay as you go (PAYG) withholding annual report and payment summaries
- Completing and lodging your business tax return
- What you need to do if you provide fringe benefits to your employees
- The superannuation guarantee and how to calculate what to pay, when and how
- Taxable payments report for the building and construction industry
- How and when to lodge, and more
In addition, we'll also discuss the important topic of employee or contractor, covering:
- The difference between employees and contractors
- Common myths about contracting
- How to determine if your workers are employees or contractors
- What your tax and super obligations are for each.
This workshop will include assistance with ATO online tools and resources, and you'll have the opportunity to ask questions.
ATO staff will tell you how to use our online tools and resources to make things easier.
- Practical advice on how to survive and thrive this tourism season
- Terrific Tips from Jurek Leon
- Free Tax Workshops in Darwin
- ATO Small Business Newsroom
- ASIC Monthly Fee Calculation
- New Country of Origin Food Labelling Laws
- Free Business Webinars
- Scams cost businesses $3.8 million in 2016
- #NTAustralia Mega Meet to show off Territory tourism to the world
- What's new at IP Australia