Domain Name scams targeting your business
The ACCC is warning you that certain domain name registration companies are mailing out invoice-type letters to trick you into paying for a new domain name registration.
Big and small businesses are targeted. Typically, businesses are offered a ‘.com’ version of their ‘.com.au’ domain name. These letters are not renewal notices!
For further information as to how these scams work and how you can protect your business see this SCAMwatch Alert.
The ACCC has received a number of reports from small businesses in relation to approaches from Domain Name Corp Pty Ltd. If you receive correspondence from Domain Name Corp Pty Ltd, you should read it very carefully and consider the matters identified in the SCAMwatch Alert.
If your business receives a domain name registration letter that appears to be a scam, you can report it via the SCAMwatch website.
- ASIC Monthly Fee Calculation
- Terrific Tips from Jurek Leon
- ATO Small Business Newsroom
- New Country of Origin Food Labelling Laws
- Free Business Webinars
- Scams cost businesses $3.8 million in 2016
- #NTAustralia Mega Meet to show off Territory tourism to the world
- What's new at IP Australia
- Have your say about how government businesses compete with you
- ACCC is now targeting unfair contract terms