ASBFEO launches payment time inquiry; new Victorian Small Business Commissioner
Have you experienced delays or problems when it comes to getting paid by big businesses or government agencies?
If so, the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman (ASBFEO) would like to hear from you.
According to the ASBFEO, some large businesses are taking longer than ever to pay their bills. Because cash flow is crucial to a small business’ success, the ASBFEO has initiated an inquiry to get to the bottom of these issues.
The views and experiences of small businesses will be crucial to the inquiry. If you want to have your say, you can visit the ASBFEO’s website and make a submission before Friday 13 January 2017. Alternatively, the ASBFEO will be conducting an online survey from late November. Register your interest here to be notified when the survey is open. You can read the Inquiry Terms of reference at www.asbfeo.gov.au/inquiries.
Victoria has a new Small Business Commissioner
Judy O’Connell has been appointed as Victoria’s new Commissioner, and will start in late November. The VSBC provides a range of mediation, dispute resolution and other services for small businesses, which you can find out about on their website.
- Practical advice on how to survive and thrive this tourism season
- Terrific Tips from Jurek Leon
- Free Tax Workshops in Darwin
- ATO Small Business Newsroom
- ASIC Monthly Fee Calculation
- New Country of Origin Food Labelling Laws
- Free Business Webinars
- Scams cost businesses $3.8 million in 2016
- #NTAustralia Mega Meet to show off Territory tourism to the world
- What's new at IP Australia