ACCC's Small business in focus report
The ACCC's six-monthly Small Business In Focus report #12 has been released today, providing an update on key developments in the small business, franchising, and agriculture sectors.
Small business enquiries and complaints to the national competition agency continue to grow, topping more than 7,600 contacts in the first half of 2016.
Other key developments in the last six months are also highlighted in the report:
- there have been more than half a million visits to the ACCC's business web pages;
- the ACCC continues to receive reports of losses to scams targeting small businesses, with $1.6m lost;
- new rules for country of origin labelling have commenced (Country of origin food labelling laws);
- Coles, Woolworths, and Aldi are now required to comply with the entire Food and Grocery Code;
- there were more than 12,000 users of the ACCC's online education programs.
- The ACCC has prepared advice that will assist your business on the new credit card surcharging laws (Excessive payment surcharges) and new Unfair Contract Term protections (Business-to-business unfair contract terms).
The ACCC small business helpline is 1300 302 021.
- Practical advice on how to survive and thrive this tourism season
- Terrific Tips from Jurek Leon
- Free Tax Workshops in Darwin
- ATO Small Business Newsroom
- ASIC Monthly Fee Calculation
- New Country of Origin Food Labelling Laws
- Free Business Webinars
- Scams cost businesses $3.8 million in 2016
- #NTAustralia Mega Meet to show off Territory tourism to the world
- What's new at IP Australia